How to find a Mobile Disco DJ

If this is your first time hiring a mobile disc jockey, then you need to read this information. Party Events Unlimited is a well-known and experienced mobile DJ and mobile Disco provider.

It is important to remember that they’re a few types of DJ; Radio DJs, Club and Bar DJs, and mobile DJs. This page is referring to mobile DJs; The typical mobile DJ provides their own sound and lighting equipment together with music and often a charismatic host to entertain guests at weddings, birthdays, school prom, parties and all types of other events.

Spending the extra time doing your research into your DJ can help protect yourself from the cowboy DJ also known to many as £60 Sid… Sid is the DJ who is happy to perform for a night for £60, but of course we all know that a £60 mobile disco cannot be any where near the high quality standards of a mobile DJ that charges in the hundreds, after all you get what you pay for.

There are a few basic things that you should bear in mind when booking that the wedding entertainment, 18th birthday DJ or School Prom mobile nightclub Disco, that will ensure you not only you get a DJ that won’t cancel on you 2 days before the event (like Sid), but one that will in fact spend time with you planning your function and making sure your night is a special night for everyone to remember!

To start with Public Liability Insurance, or PLI, is an insurance policy which you should expect your DJ to have. This policy not only covers the DJ for any damages to the venue but also protects your guests if somehow there is an accident with equipment. In many cases these days a lot of function rooms require to see a copy of your DJs certificate, so don’t be afraid to ask about this and maybe do a quick check on the company it’s provided by, just to be extra safe (Our PLI can be seen here).

Electrical testing is one that goes along side with PLI, as most PLIs require equipment to be tested in order to validate the policy. This official test is called Portable Appliance Testing, or PAT testing for short. PAT testing ensures that the electrical equipment being used by your DJ meets a set of safety standards, leaving no room for mishaps. It is also perfectly acceptable to ask for a copy of this from your DJ, ours can be seen here.

Did you know that there any organisations and associations that represent DJs and mobile discos? One example of such a body is SEDA (South-east England DJ Associate), this is an organisation which we belong to. There are certain standards which members must comply with in order to join, all of which should help give you peace of mind knowing that the entertainer upholds a high level of professionalism. To have a look at SEDAs code of conduct click here.

To briefly summarise there are a few things which you should asking your DJ about;

  • Public Liability insurance (PLI)
  • Electrical Safety Testing (PAT)
  • Any associations or bodies they belong to

Doing these few checks should hopefully help you in choosing the mobile disco DJ for your special event.

Posted in: Advice, Event Related, Wedding Related

Leave a Comment (0) ↓

Leave a Comment